starting strength gym

Thread: Radiculopathy in the absence of pain

Default Radiculopathy in the absence of pain

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have been getting back to training after a long layoff and have been experiencing tingling down my left leg that usually starts directly after a workset of squats or deadlifts and lasts around 24 hours thereafter. The tingling is not localized but rather, random. Sometimes down the calf/foot and sometimes near the quad/adductor region. I have had back pain in the past that has caused me to lay off training for extended periods but in this case, I am not experiencing actual back pain, just the tingling down the leg.

Any advice on how to proceed with these kinds of symptoms? I’m not sure how closely I should monitor this without driving myself too crazy about it.

If you're just getting some arbitrary tingling down the back of your leg and that is the only symptom I wouldn't worry too much about it. If other symptoms start to emerge, like having trouble with bowel bladder control, you start noticing a decrease in muscle size on one side, and/or you are tripping or having trouble raising your foot up, then you need to go and get this checked out.