starting strength gym

Thread: forearm fracture

Default forearm fracture

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I broke my forearm in the middle both bones, ulna and radius. Its been ten months, feeling alright, managing around it. Has anyone had a similar injury, looking for advice for long term lifting with this injury. Like do you still have existing pain? what exercises or movements cause discomfort? Thinking about removing the plates in my arm bc I feel like it will never be the same. Thanks!

If the bones have healed you should be able to start training as normal. Pain from these types of traumatic fractures is very individualized. Some people will have no pain, and others with deal with persistent pain on and off for a long period of time. It is important to note here that pain does not equal damage. It's letting you know that the specific area of your body might be in danger or under threat. It's an alarm. Some peoples alarm system is more sensitive than others.

As far as what exercise might give you a problem, there is no way to know this before you start. You need to take a bottoms-up approach to figure these types of things out. Just start conservatively training and figure things out as you go. You may have to make some slight exercise adjustments but you will not know what these are until you need to make a change.