Recommended I repost the thread here. Apologies for the duplicate post in multiple sections

*Note: before I begin, I know how important the OHP is and I'm not simply trying to cut it because I'm lazy. I actually prefer and enjoy it to the BP and don't like the idea of having to take it out*

I've been having continuous problems with the OHP in that it severely aggravates my distal bicep tendon and/or other muscle structures just past the elbow joint (approximately 1-2 inches down from the medial aspect of the elbow joint and proximal/inner forearm). PTs and doctors can't figure out what's going, but the closest I've gotten to a diagnosis was severe tendonitis at the insertion of the bicep, possible tendonosis and possible entrapment of "something" (gotta love the expertise here). There is also now a weird clicky noise when the elbow joint is fully flexed with the hand pronated, similar to a sound made with snapping hip syndrome.

I have identified that the issue stems from the eccentric portion of the OHP, which I assume puts extra stress on the bicep as it's lowered.

Bench slightly aggravates it, but but to the extent that OHP does.

Direct pressure, graston and other techniques used for conditions like golfer elbow temporarily decrease pain in the moment, but any additional OHP makes it worse.

If anyone could give and recommendations to work around this issue or find a substitute, I'd greatly appreciate it.