starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharp pain during back off deadlifts.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This is getting confusing. If it’s me, then it’s clear that I tweaked my back on a weight which is substantially less than my working set. If it’s Will, then I can’t imagine leg curls are going to help the sock problem. Meanwhile my tweak is causing me fewer problems and I’m going to be far less cavalier about back off lifts at sub maximal weight, particularly when using straps. It’s the easy ones that get you, the tough ones make you really work the form.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    This is getting confusing. If it’s me, then it’s clear that I tweaked my back on a weight which is substantially less than my working set. If it’s Will, then I can’t imagine leg curls are going to help the sock problem. Meanwhile my tweak is causing me fewer problems and I’m going to be far less cavalier about back off lifts at sub maximal weight, particularly when using straps. It’s the easy ones that get you, the tough ones make you really work the form.
    Nockian - I've tweaked that same spot a few times, most recently two weeks ago during a sub-maximal set. In hindsight, it's always because I lose focus and form during the lowering phase, most often on rep #4. The only correction I've found is to keep working it and let it work its course. I'm pretty sure that Will has already said that. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Nockian - I've tweaked that same spot a few times, most recently two weeks ago during a sub-maximal set. In hindsight, it's always because I lose focus and form during the lowering phase, most often on rep #4. The only correction I've found is to keep working it and let it work its course. I'm pretty sure that Will has already said that. Good luck!
    Yes, it’s definitely a lack of focus. However, it wasn’t the why, but how I should treat the injury which was the question. I figured it out for myself, just be cautious, don’t stop lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    To be fair, he said not to do leg curls. I was supposed to hit a 3x bodyweight squat single yesterday, but I deloaded from 515 to 135 so I could get in the groove before I start adding weight. My hamstrings and hip flexors are very weak.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    To be fair, he said not to do leg curls. I was supposed to hit a 3x bodyweight squat single yesterday, but I deloaded from 515 to 135 so I could get in the groove before I start adding weight. My hamstrings and hip flexors are very weak.
    Smart move, Will. I wish you luck on your search for a coach and the groove.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12