starting strength gym

Thread: Working out after abdominal surgery? 5+weeks later

Default Working out after abdominal surgery? 5+weeks later

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello, I had a surgery to remove cancer on my right kidney (which actually took out my kidney) so I only have my left one left. I should be fine now, but need to watch out not to over train and hydrate.

Question for you guys.

My doctor cleared me for excercise but told me to "start slow". What are some starting routines that I should take? I'm 6ft6in, 227lbs. I could squat with 100lbs before my surgery (and before diagnosis) for 12 reps. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vk60187 View Post
    Hello, I had a surgery to remove cancer on my right kidney (which actually took out my kidney) so I only have my left one left. I should be fine now, but need to watch out not to over train and hydrate.

Question for you guys.

My doctor cleared me for excercise but told me to "start slow". What are some starting routines that I should take? I'm 6ft6in, 227lbs. I could squat with 100lbs before my surgery (and before diagnosis) for 12 reps. Thanks.
    A properly dosed novice linear progression with more conservative increases each workout would certainly fit the bill for a "start slow" warning from your physician.