starting strength gym

Thread: Rehab approach for PHT?

Default Rehab approach for PHT?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    What is the best rehab approach to take for a Proximal Hamstring Tendon irritation?

I found a few posts related to PHT issues on this forum; And seemed like most were saying rest this type injury with a few weeks away from squats and deadlifts, or any lift that aggravates the pain. My symptoms right now are mild, and only hurt (mildly) coming out of the bottom of the squat. So, I stopped squatting heavy and just do the warm up if there is no pain occurring. At first I was continuing to deadlift cause it didn't aggravate the pain points; but after reading some sources outside of this forum; again all suggesting this kind of injury needs rest. So, I stopped deadlifting.

Right now, my rehab consists of going through my squat warm up during training, no deadlifting, 800mg of Ibuprofen 3-4 x/day, and rolling the proximal hamstring area by sitting on a tennis ball.
    Injury started on 2/26/2021. Last deadlift was on 3/12/2021

What should I be doing to get back to heavy squatting and deadlifting ASAP!

started training on 4/1/2020 and am currently on TM style programming

Thank you

I apologize, but I know it has not been suggested here for quite some time to rest a suspected tendon injury. In fact, we have nearly universally advocated for the use of training to recover from tendon injuries. I have answered the proximal hamstring tendon question multiple times.

Slow tempo Romanian deadlifts are the ticket here. Do them after your normal tempo squats. Deadlift as normal. Stop rolling and mashing on tendon injuries. That will just exacerbate the issue.

Coach Will,

Thank you much; I did see the RDL suggestion in this thread yesterday. I had been searching the forums for a week before I had finally found the RDL protocol.
    Your time to reply to my question is greatly appreciated. Thank you for all you do.