starting strength gym

Thread: Trigger Finger in 3 fingers

Default Trigger Finger in 3 fingers

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I cannot bend my fingers (index, middle, ring) past 45 degrees. I cannot hold the bar for pulls or presses. I'm currently working with my doctor to discuss how to fix it, but it will take weeks because medical centers are so backed up. What do I do now? Do I just have to accept not being able to do my NLP for a couple of weeks? Is there no way to fix this without surgery/steroid injections?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Bynon View Post
    I cannot bend my fingers (index, middle, ring) past 45 degrees. I cannot hold the bar for pulls or presses. I'm currently working with my doctor to discuss how to fix it, but it will take weeks because medical centers are so backed up. What do I do now? Do I just have to accept not being able to do my NLP for a couple of weeks? Is there no way to fix this without surgery/steroid injections?
    I take it you are not in the US. Is this correct?

I am in the US.

Hard to believe you can't find a physician who can do a couple tendon sheath injections. This is mostly done in a normal office visit. Can you find a sports medicine physician near you, or even an orthopaedic surgeon's office that employs an Ortho PA?

Without treatment and resolution, it seems very difficult to figure out a good way for you to be able to train effectively other than utilizing what specialty bars you can (Safety Squat Bar) and other equipment to help. In the meantime, doing unilateral upper body stuff is better than not doing anything.

I've been jumping through every damn hoop I can to get there. I have an appointment this coming Wednesday and there shouldn't be any logical reason to delay getting the injections. If not then I'll try a sports medicine physician down in San Diego.