starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low back inury; squat form check.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I hadn't noticed that, but thanks for pointing that out. Seems likely that that's the cause of the pain/sciatica down my right side.

Rehab wise, other than correcting my form, what would be your recommendations?
    Box squats or pause squats to correct the problems at the bottom?
    The pain's now at a level where I can probably start training again.

Quote Originally Posted by JR88 View Post
    I hadn't noticed that, but thanks for pointing that out. Seems likely that that's the cause of the pain/sciatica down my right side.

Rehab wise, other than correcting my form, what would be your recommendations?
    Box squats or pause squats to correct the problems at the bottom?
    The pain's now at a level where I can probably start training again.
    At that point, you have to understand that rehab is what I do for a living, and people have to compensate me for my time and knowledge base.

Yeah, I get that you're not going to work for free, I wouldn't either. I also appreciate the advice offered already.

Is an online consultation something you offer? I'm in the UK so it would need to be online. If not, do you have a recommendation of someone who does?

I've been for five visits to a physiotherapist/osteopath but they don't really have the skills to critique technique. The advice given was to perform front squats and sumo deadlifts to keep the lumbar spine in a more neutral position. Also been given mobility exercises and drills which haven't made it any worse, but neither have they improved things.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JR88 View Post
    Yeah, I get that you're not going to work for free, I wouldn't either. I also appreciate the advice offered already.

Is an online consultation something you offer? I'm in the UK so it would need to be online. If not, do you have a recommendation of someone who does?

I've been for five visits to a physiotherapist/osteopath but they don't really have the skills to critique technique. The advice given was to perform front squats and sumo deadlifts to keep the lumbar spine in a more neutral position. Also been given mobility exercises and drills which haven't made it any worse, but neither have they improved things.
    I have a few options for you. I’m in South Korea, so I am only 8 hours ahead of you. That shouldn’t be too difficult to work with.

Send me an email at William.morris217@gmail.com and we can discuss a solution that works well for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12