starting strength gym

Thread: Hip Injury - Unilateral Primary Osteoarthritis

Default Hip Injury - Unilateral Primary Osteoarthritis

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have had hip pain for over a year and it seems to be getting worse. Went to see ortho yesterday and they said it was Unilateral Primary Osteoarthritis of the right hip and recommended 8 weeks of physical therapy and then a follow-up visit.

I'm thinking I should just do SS NLP, but wanted to check with you all to see if anyone has trained anyone with this type of injury.

Should I make any modifications to the NLP or just go ahead with it as prescribed?
    Anything I should be looking for as I progress that would be a cause for concern?
    Should I even bother with PT from a provider that doesn't specialize in strength training?

Have done SS NLP for periods of time in the past but have not trained regularly in over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by nowhisky View Post
    I have had hip pain for over a year and it seems to be getting worse. Went to see ortho yesterday and they said it was Unilateral Primary Osteoarthritis of the right hip and recommended 8 weeks of physical therapy and then a follow-up visit.

I'm thinking I should just do SS NLP, but wanted to check with you all to see if anyone has trained anyone with this type of injury.

Should I make any modifications to the NLP or just go ahead with it as prescribed? Not if you don't have to.
    Anything I should be looking for as I progress that would be a cause for concern? If you get a diagnosis of "severe osteoarthritis" you most likely will not be able to squat normally without a total hip arthroplasty.
    Should I even bother with PT from a provider that doesn't specialize in strength training? They may be of some benefit. I wouldn't take weight lifting advice from a PT, though.

Have done SS NLP for periods of time in the past but have not trained regularly in over a year.
    Please see above and my sincere apologies for the delay in answering this.