starting strength gym

Thread: Weber B Fracture

Default Weber B Fracture

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello Everybody,

I went ahead and got drunk on the 29th, and somehow broke my right ankle as well as one metatarsal bone.
    The doc classified it as a Weber B fracture, and told me an operation would be necessary in order to ensure proper healing of the ankle and to prevent arthritis.
    Now I am not a big fan of operations, and believe they are prescribed to often. But I also understand that they are sometimes beneficial.
    The right foot is swollen as heck, but I can walk on it, sometimes feeling a slight pop. The doc even said he doesn't understand how I can walk, and I think it has probably to do with my 400lbs squat and the muscles helping in stabilization.

My idea was walking on crooks for a couple of days, then walking on the compression boot, and then walking barefoot, slowly picking up training again.
    I hope that this will facilitate normal healing, and negate the need for invasive surgery.
    But I want to ask for some professional advice, wether or not this is a good idea, and maybe what I should expect in terms of progress.

If it is allowed and useful, I could also upload a couple of x-rays of my foot.
    I am 5'11'' and 245 lbs.

Thanks for the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian Flemming View Post
    Hello Everybody,

I went ahead and got drunk on the 29th, and somehow broke my right ankle as well as one metatarsal bone.
    The doc classified it as a Weber B fracture, and told me an operation would be necessary in order to ensure proper healing of the ankle and to prevent arthritis.
    Now I am not a big fan of operations, and believe they are prescribed to often. But I also understand that they are sometimes beneficial.
    The right foot is swollen as heck, but I can walk on it, sometimes feeling a slight pop. The doc even said he doesn't understand how I can walk, and I think it has probably to do with my 400lbs squat and the muscles helping in stabilization.

My idea was walking on crooks for a couple of days, then walking on the compression boot, and then walking barefoot, slowly picking up training again.
    I hope that this will facilitate normal healing, and negate the need for invasive surgery.
    But I want to ask for some professional advice, wether or not this is a good idea, and maybe what I should expect in terms of progress.

If it is allowed and useful, I could also upload a couple of x-rays of my foot.
    I am 5'11'' and 245 lbs.

Thanks for the time.
    Weber B fractures don't normally / consistently require surgery. If the fracture is stable, 6 weeks in a walking boot may be enough. But, then again, I haven't evaluated this in person, so I can only speak to the typical presentation I get with people with Weber B fractures. A couple radiographs might help.