starting strength gym

Thread: Consequences of not doing any pulling

Default Consequences of not doing any pulling

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Several years ago I was diagnosed with Dupuytren's Contracture at the age of 26 which is very young for someone to be showing symptoms of this condition. I have several large cords in both hands and feet suggesting that I have a much more aggressive case than most patients. I continued to train after being diagnosed for a while, but it became apparent that the barbell was accelerating my symptoms. After a couple of years off I want to get back into training but only Squatting and possibly pressing/benching if it doesn't bother my hands.

My question is if there are issues that could arise from only training one movement pattern and if there is anything I can do to avoid said issues?

If anyone has any suggestions for scaling deadlifts, pullups, chin-ups, etc. I basically can't/shouldnt grip anything. Ironically my grip and deadlift was always my strong suit.

Quote Originally Posted by dgever View Post
    Several years ago I was diagnosed with Dupuytren's Contracture at the age of 26 which is very young for someone to be showing symptoms of this condition. I have several large cords in both hands and feet suggesting that I have a much more aggressive case than most patients. I continued to train after being diagnosed for a while, but it became apparent that the barbell was accelerating my symptoms. After a couple of years off I want to get back into training but only Squatting and possibly pressing/benching if it doesn't bother my hands.

My question is if there are issues that could arise from only training one movement pattern and if there is anything I can do to avoid said issues?

If anyone has any suggestions for scaling deadlifts, pullups, chin-ups, etc. I basically can't/shouldnt grip anything. Ironically my grip and deadlift was always my strong suit.
    They make pieces of equipment that look like wrist wraps but they have a rubber coated hook apparatus that fits into the hand and is used for situations like this. The combination of this with perhaps a figure 8 strap around the wrist might allow you to pull without affecting your DC.