starting strength gym

Thread: shoulder surgerys and still issues

Default shoulder surgerys and still issues

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have had a subacormal decompression and a bicep tendosis. This is due to my acormon mashing the long head of my biceps and causing labrum pain. The mri missed all of this till surgery. All mri showed was a very small superspantus tear which was treated with debridement. Now my surgeon feels since I'm 10 months out still with lateral shoulder pain I may have a intratendinous roator cuff tear that the mri msy have missed and these tears are hard to see in surgery due to the tear being within the tendon itself. I have all my strength back just major pain from squating to bench pressing to running. My question is do lifters come back from roator cuff surgery, superspantus to be exact. I got hurt at 22 couldnt get surgery till I was 24. Now 25 I feel my lifting is pretty much screwed honestly. I was lifting 365, 525, 635 at bench squat deadlift at 21 before I got hurt needless to say I was on the way to big numbers. I pretty much walk around in pain after any labours movement so that has sucked. The bicep tendosis did fix the back shoulder pain and my shoulder doesnt pinch and crack so theres a positive. Just front outside shoulder pain. I also have a left shoulder that will prob just need bicep tendosis and subacormal.decompression same as other arm back shoulder pain and cracking on long head of biceps when lifting. The cracks are loud and was on right before surgery. I guess back to the cutting board.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin727 View Post
    I have had a subacormal decompression and a bicep tendosis. This is due to my acormon mashing the long head of my biceps and causing labrum pain. The mri missed all of this till surgery. All mri showed was a very small superspantus tear which was treated with debridement. Now my surgeon feels since I'm 10 months out still with lateral shoulder pain I may have a intratendinous roator cuff tear that the mri msy have missed and these tears are hard to see in surgery due to the tear being within the tendon itself. I have all my strength back just major pain from squating to bench pressing to running. My question is do lifters come back from roator cuff surgery, superspantus to be exact. This is the only thing resembling a question in your post, and the short answer is yes. I currently have a lifter who had a Subacromial Decompression, Biceps Tenodesis, and full RTC repair in April that is back to near PR weights and zero shoulder pain. I rehab people all the time with similar situations.I got hurt at 22 couldnt get surgery till I was 24. Now 25 I feel my lifting is pretty much screwed honestly. I was lifting 365, 525, 635 at bench squat deadlift at 21 before I got hurt needless to say I was on the way to big numbers. I pretty much walk around in pain after any labours movement so that has sucked. The bicep tendosis did fix the back shoulder pain and my shoulder doesnt pinch and crack so theres a positive. Just front outside shoulder pain. I also have a left shoulder that will prob just need bicep tendosis and subacormal.decompression same as other arm back shoulder pain and cracking on long head of biceps when lifting. The cracks are loud and was on right before surgery. I guess back to the cutting board.
    I answered the only question I saw in bold above.

Default Thx

That is all I needed answered that gives me hope and more postive out look.