starting strength gym

Thread: Pinched nerve?

Default Pinched nerve?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The past week I've moved to a commercial gym from my garage, which has corresponded to a burning sensation on the right side of my traps on my last couple of deadlift reps. The pain also flairs up while pressing for sets of more than 2. I've realized the cause of this is hyperextending my neck to look in the mirror that's placed so conveniently in front of the deadlift platform, only after finishing my last workout. Today the skin of the back of my neck and traps feel hot and my hands a little numb, should I be worried? Will correcting the neck hyperextension while pulling resolve this?

Quote Originally Posted by JorZed View Post
    The past week I've moved to a commercial gym from my garage, which has corresponded to a burning sensation on the right side of my traps on my last couple of deadlift reps. The pain also flairs up while pressing for sets of more than 2. I've realized the cause of this is hyperextending my neck to look in the mirror that's placed so conveniently in front of the deadlift platform, only after finishing my last workout. Today the skin of the back of my neck and traps feel hot and my hands a little numb, should I be worried? Will correcting the neck hyperextension while pulling resolve this?
    Should you be worried? Depends on your personality. Your own belief systems and values will determine if you are going to be anxious and worried about this or not.

You said you realized the hyperextension caused the issue, so correcting it (if it did indeed cause it) will only help.