starting strength gym

Thread: Completely lost in the middle of training. I need help.

Default Completely lost in the middle of training. I need help.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I arm-wrestled with my dad 2 days ago and felt a little bit of pain in my right shoulder.

I’m on 4 day TM and did bench vol and ltes yesterday. I did feel pain in the shoulder, but I could train through it anyway. Today, however, I can’t rack the bar on my back due to extreme shoulder pain. Today’s workout calls for squat 5x5 and power clean 5x3.

After my last warmup, I rested 7 minutes and racked my workset weight on my back, and I reracked the bar right away because I never felt this extreme pain on my shoulder.

However, I managed not to panic and decided to compromise a little. I dropped some weight and tried the high bar, but it was the same. I used to have shoulder pain due to bench press, but could always train through it.

What the hell am I supposed to do? I think I could do deadlifts, though. Should I just call it a day and deload until the pain subsides?

What is the diagnosis?

I haven’t seen a doctor yet and don’t think it would be helpful.

It just hurt real bad when I racked my squat workset weight and felt like the shoulder was gonna fall off or something. As for the bench press and the ltes done on the day before, there was discomfort rather than pain. And, it’s just alright when I’m doing nothing with my right shoulder, but when I’m trying to, for instance, pick up my bag, I feel mild pain. I think my elbows and maybe biceps hurt a little bit, too.

Yesterday, I called it a day feeling sorry for myself thinking that my stubborn ass had worsened the pain with the bench press and the ltes.

I agree. Knowing what's actually wrong with an injured joint is never helpful.