starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ankle Agony and Squat

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny&mighty View Post
    Any chance the arch support of your insole is too aggressive in those shoes, thus slightly tilting your feet outwards? I have been using orthotics for about 15 years and have experienced this problem in the past. Over time, I have figured that I need to use the least effective dose of arch support, otherwise I run into ankle issues. For me, the area below the external malleolus is the most vulnerable to improperly fitted orthotics or insoles.
    That was my first go to when this started. I took them out for a few days but the pain was persistent. The pains nothing like when I got them first. Its a radiating pain from the ankle bone. I only wear the insoles in the work boots since I'm on my feet for so long when I'm at home I'm barefoot, no insoles. Gym I have lifting shoes, but the day my foot swole up I actually had bruises from the lifting shoes, so it was swelling while I was in the gym and I'd no idea. I've just gotten used to the pain and just get on with it,but with the doctor asking me to stop squatting heavy and waiting for an MRI I was curious what to do.

On that, I kept squatting heavy, pains still there but no better or worse.

starting strength coach development program
    So just to update, I had a grade 2 strain and partial tear of the the anterior talofibular ligament and the calcaneofibular ligament.
    Doctor couldn't believe I walked around, squat and deadlift on it and stood/walked all day for my job and that the major tell tale signs didn't show for several months.
    I had 3 weeks off at Christmas with the factor shut down and covid so it healed during that time. I'm doing some minor physio to help with a stiff ankle and a sore knee, but zero issues. MRI took so long that I was better by the time I got it, but thankfully no scar tissue or any other long term problems detected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12