starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoulder worries consuming my life - how to resume safely after SLAP tear

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have dislocated both my shoulders 3-4 times each in a span of 15-20 years (from the age of 15 to 35 roughly) .. playing basketball, rock climbing, mountain biking, etc..
    All were hits, falls and generally traumatic and painful.
    I got x-rays, MRIs, at first, then I just had someone who knew put it back in, strapped it for a few weeks and went about my business.
    After training systematically, with pullups and weights, for a few years I am now in my early forties and feel absolutely no pain or even a tingle..
    Just hang from a pull-up bar at first, then start pullups and presses, increase resistance gradually and your shoulders will be stronger and stop hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    got to be a troll.
    I don't have any pain except for a little when I do something I never do in daily life. I'm going to quit lifting.

Definitely a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by dalan View Post
    I don't have any pain except for a little when I do something I never do in daily life. I'm going to quit lifting.

Definitely a troll.
    I wish I was. I probably subconsciously downplaying the complaints a little bit, because I don’t want to believe I’m in bad shape. I definitely have some mild inflammatory type aches and pains throughout the day and a little more with certain movements, just not very bad.

The point is that a 24 year old should not have arthritic (inflammatory) type pain. Anyway, the MRI will tell.

What is your bodyweight/height?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What is your bodyweight/height?
    6’1, 176lbs

Gain 40 pounds and this excruciating pain will go away.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gadsie View Post
    6’1, 176lbs
    You are woefully underfed. Probably bad eating habits you built from high school through college. I had the same things. I was in one point in high school 6'1 and 120 pounds before I ever resolved to try and change myself with exercise. Even adding the exercise in I topped out at 180 before I started to eat more as I got older.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12