starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Injury Form Check

Default Squat Injury Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I think it’s a groin injury. I injured after coming back from COVID layoff a year ago. Have restarted program 3 times now and continues to bother me whenever I work up to the 250lb weight levels (3x5 PR = 350lbs).

Pain: All on right leg/hip. Adductor magnus, lower right ass, and then outside of leg. If really worked up my right knee can ache when sitting for a long time. Hip flexors always feel tight.

102kg Injury - YouTube

Most recently got up to 265 and injured again. Backed off weight to 185 and worked my way up. Got up to 225 in this video and it’s really hurt now. Anything involving hammys and groin pretty painful.

Problem is I can’t see what I’m doing wrong.

This isn’t my max but here me doing 335 a year ago.

335 Set 3 - YouTube

I don’t know what’s changed!

Looks like your ass is sliding to the right on the way up, but I can't tell for sure from this video angle.

I think you are right as I have felt that. I have filmed many times trying to see it but I haven’t had any luck (or my eyes just can’t catch it).

If it is this and it’s a result of my “drifting” to the right side on the ascent (and I assume loading that leg more), is there a cue to fix asymmetries like this? I’ll be going back to the blue book since I’m going to have to back off for a bit.

And on the injury front I assume Starr protocol? This has been nagging on and off now for awhile but today I fucked it up worse than before. Can squat gingerly if toes not pointed so I imagine will be able to squat light here in a day or two and just gradually move the toes out.

Thanks for reading/watching. This shit is getting fucking old (and making me feel old).

The fix is to have your leg length symmetry checked, fix that, and then move your ass the opposite direction when you squat until it becomes straight.

But I'll tell you what gets old: you idiots continually trying to use the Starr Protocol when it does not apply. I have talked about this enough that you should know by now. Just have fun with your training.