starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chronic pec tear/ injury

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    It’s mainly at the tendon and muscle tendon junction. But dang I didn’t know it could be cancer! I’ll go get it looked at

Whatever it takes to get you to get it checked.

This is part of the reason why Mark hates on my profession of physical therapy. You said you had 20 sessions of physical therapy. Did the physical therapist watch your bench press and educate you on how you bench press?

As Mark is somewhat sarcastic hopefully regarding cancer, your pec problem would be most painful under load

A great physician, physical therapist, chiropractor, strength coach, or starting strength coach may be able to help.

MRIs nowadays are so detailed that every person your age has a level of rotator cuff degeneration, labral tears, and arthritis in their shoulder especially the AC joint based on your report.

Find a great person to help you or perform the program. The best answer is probably both in a person to help you with your movement, ensure no major danger or red flag, and help you to increase load to achieve your goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron McIntosh View Post
    This is part of the reason why Mark hates on my profession of physical therapy. You said you had 20 sessions of physical therapy. Did the physical therapist watch your bench press and educate you on how you bench press?
    Why would a Physical Therapist be qualified to coach this guy's bench press?

My bench press form is fine. Shoulder blades retracted elbows tucked. It hurts 24/7 at the tendon and there’s a deformity and where the deformity is there is also weakness. They just gave me a prp injection into the injured tendon a week ago. Hasn’t helped tho and it’s going on a year now. Can’t even squat or deadlift because it hurts the chest area. As well as rows and tricep push downs

What was the diagnosis?

No diagnosis. I suspect a tear because of the deformity that was never. Where it’s at now I know it’s not gonna heal on it’s on or I would’ve hand at least some progress right now. It sucks because I was getting jacked before the injury

Hey guys still lost on what to do. Even deadlifting or squatting hurts my pec tendon. The only thing I’ve really been able to do is leg press, leg extensions and leg curls. Even tricep push downs hurts the tendon. Rows hurt it as well especially when arms are fully lengthened out.

And still no diagnosis. Can't be that bad...

starting strength coach development program
    Oh trust me it is lol. When you massage in my tendon area it feels like really deep knot like pain as well as the other symptoms. If it wasn’t that bad I wouldn’t be complaining about it. Even if I were to swim and have my right arm out to pull myself in the water it feels like it’s gonna tear

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast