starting strength gym

Thread: Shoulder bursitis

Default Shoulder bursitis

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Ive given myself a nice little dose of shoulder impingement/tendontitis/bursitis. Not really sure bc I havent seen a doc yet but it pops and cracks, hurts in certain movements, loss of range of motion and strength. Developed after benching 4x/wk on a high volume program that I recently ditched. Now im back to some more intelligent SS programming

Has anyone had issues with shoulder bursitis, and if so how did you come back from it? so far ive been keeping my lower body on HLM, and LP from the bar up for bench and press. plus i add some high rep (20+reps) with the bar after the LP sets of 5.

Any tips?

You need a diagnosis. There may be a cuff tendon injury.

I had diagnosed shoulder bursitis, impacted on sleeping positions, popping and cracking everywhere, in pain, had cortisone injection etc. advised by the expert doctor. This was all before starting SS. I'm all good now, no issues whatsoever. I assume the bursitis/damage is still there?, I've just gotten healthier stronger shoulders now to compensate, is that how it works Rip ?

So basically u can have this due to the acormon bone being to thick and rubbing soft tissue. You could also have a roator cuff tear dude to impengment bursa cuff or chornic tear or just a tear in general articular tear. You also could have a ling head of bicep issue. It's hard to figure what is wrong without mri arthrogram and sometimes arthroscopy. Best case it's just inflmation and need to take little time off and rehab using the press. With 50 to 60 percent of your old numbers.