178cm
    88kg
    (5's, kg's)
    Squat - 135
    Dead - 170
    Press - 58.5
    Bench - 97
    PC - 55

This morning I had a bilateral vasectomy reversal and got the standard 6 week advice from the Surgeon.

I'm just wondering if there's any useful advice on how and when to start training again. I can't imagine it's a common thread here, but minor surgery threads are plentiful.

The take home literature cautions on swelling from fluid build up, and given the location it's probably going to be severe and painful. Anywhere else I wouldn't worry too much and I'd just try to return to normal activity as fast as I can. Since it's my nuts however, I'm happy to take a knee and slow my recovery. My swollen purple nutsack is great for a photo for teammates, but not so much for me. It's still wrapped up from surgery so I haven't had a look at the incision site yet.

I also intend to hit the stationary bike to try and retain some fitness at some point, I presume this will be a self limiting activity due to pain?

Any tips on how long I should weight before returning to the gym?

Thanks.

I'll be disappointed if this thread doesn't produce at least 2 low hanging jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post

I'll be disappointed if this thread doesn't produce at least 2 low hanging jokes.
    Is that a boast?