starting strength gym

Thread: Muscle belly tear/strain

Default Muscle belly tear/strain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Just started back on Novice having had some health issues. Only a couple of weeks in and at a very light 135 squat I felt a sharp pain in my right thigh. It’s only a mild tear/strain, but it’s unmistakeable. The leg is stiff and tender to touch this morning but I’m walking fine. I don’t really want to do the full rehab thing this early in NLP if I can avoid it, but I also don’t want to make it worse. Should I do the Starr rehab for a mild tear/strain, or crack on and ignore the stiffness unless it gets much worse ?. If I do the Starr rehab can I progress the press and deadlift, or have they got to wait until I’m back squatting NLP ?

Well I did the 3 sets of 25 with the empty bar and the pain didn’t get worse, it felt better. Pressed fine. Did 3 sets of 8 RDLs to get a few pulls in and that didn’t bother things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Well I did the 3 sets of 25 with the empty bar and the pain didn’t get worse, it felt better. Pressed fine. Did 3 sets of 8 RDLs to get a few pulls in and that didn’t bother things.
    At this point I appear to be talking to myself, but I’m used to that. Quad feels much, much better today, very slightly tender and minor stiffness. I’m thinking I can go straight back to NLP next week ? What do you think Nock ? I reckon you might be ok doing that, but only if you put on another 20lbs because you’re much too light.