starting strength gym

Thread: Swollen Lymph Node in groin

Default Swollen Lymph Node in groin

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    One of the lymph nodes in my groin/inner thigh has been swollen and painful for over two weeks, was very sick and week and had a 104 fever off and two weeks back and ended up going into the ER last week when antibiotics weren't touching it.

For the past couple days I've felt overall pretty much back to normal from a full body standpoint.

However, even after 10 days on new antibiotics the lymph node is still swollen and painful when I stand on that leg or do too much it get's more inflamed and hot to the touch in the evenings.

Obviously the DR is recommending I hold off on training until it is fully healed, and aside from trying to bench last Wednesday I haven't been in the gym for 2 weeks. I'm ready to get back at it, but don't want to spark an even longer lay off.

When I try and mimic the movement of both a squat and a pull it puts a bit of pressure on the lymph node and is certainly painful (probably a 5 or 6 on scale of 10), but I'm not sure if it is actually causing harm.

Has anybody dealt with a similar issue, and did going back to training while it was still swollen cause any major issues?

Any similar experiences out there?

You need a biopsy, ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You need a biopsy, ASAP.
    Thank you, Rip. I will do that asap, unless you are just poking fun.

I am not. Get it done.