starting strength gym

Thread: Groin Strain or Tendonitis

Default Groin Strain or Tendonitis

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi, I have developed some groin pain about seven weeks ago. At first I thought it was just excessive soreness/tightness in my left groin area, but I realized after a few weeks that I have a mild to moderate injury. I'm not sure if it is a strain or tendonitis. The pain presents upon squatting; deeper and more toes out leads to more pain. I narrowed my stance an inch or two and narrowed my feet angle and have been able to continue training (with some pain). I still have enough discomfort that I know I've injured something, and the situation has not improved over the last seven weeks. For what its worth, I was running Andy's garage gym warrior 1 template, which I was able to complete with the pain including a +10kg squat PR (155kg to 165kg). I had no visible bruising and no popping sounds. The groin is tender about an inch or two away from the pubic bone. I have no pain on deadlifts or other lifts. I'm looking for advice or a rehab protocol to heal my groin. I'm happy to pay for a tele-consult if any of the practitioners offer that. I'm also close enough to visit the Plano location if this is something Brent and company can help with. Thank you.

Tendonitis develops over time, while a groin strain is an acute event that you notice right now.