starting strength gym

Thread: Shoulder Impingement?

Default Shoulder Impingement?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    For the past 2 months I have had pain in my right shoulder that feels like some sort of impingement.
    There wasn't any traumatic event it just appeared one day and it's been there for basically 2 months now even when I'm resting when I go through certain motions (Mostly when the shoulder is in front like the position in the bottom of the bench press or dips)
    I tried to treat it like knee tendonitis by trying to find a weight that doesn't aggrevate it too much but to try to get it to heal.
    It didn't really get better and I haven't been able to bench properly or at all for a while because of it.
    Shortening the grip didn't really help either and I focus so on bringing the bar down towards my chest and avoid a straight bar path so I don't think it's form either.

I don't have any pain or weakness when I perform the press (120x5x3 at 140 BW)

Any thoughts or advice to how should I treat/rehab this ?

You need a diagnosis. This requires an MRI.

I'll try to get an MRI asap and post it here
    I could probably get an Ultrasound check earlier, would that be any good?

Probably not, insufficient resolution.

Update
    I slowly worked my way up to benching again and am now benching 155 for 4x5 with pain levels around 2-4 every workout
    The pain itself however is still there even when I'm not working out but going through these motion
    The MRI said level 1 SLAP damage but everything else is good, The doctor said he saw a bit of inflammation around my bicep tendon in the MRI and that he can give me a shot in my shoulder if it gets worse, I am experiencing no problems or pain with my bicep
    Is there anything that I can or should do about this? I am benching again but the fact that the pain is still there when I rest is disturbing.