starting strength gym

Thread: Question on tendinitis advice you've given in the past

Default Question on tendinitis advice you've given in the past

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Rip, I posted last week about long head of biceps tendinitis but I now realize my questions were too vague, so it was moved to another part of the forum. I read the page on tendinitis treatment you linked in that thread and just have a couple questions about your advice I was hoping you could clarify before I start rehabbing the injury.

1. Does the pin firing chin protocol only work for bicep tendonitis felt in the elbow, or would it also work for biceps tendinitis felt in the anterior shoulder?

2. In past threads you've mentioned doing sets of 25 90 degree elbow barbell curls to treat it (so the elbow is bent to 90 degrees, then the bar is curled upward via the shoulder until it touches around the forehead). How many days a week/how many sets do you recommend for this?

Thanks very much!

1. I don't know. I've never had proximal biceps tendonitis.

2. I don't remember giving that advice, sorry.

Oh and rip was talking about distal bicep tendon issues. You have long head short head in the shoulder. Distal is at middle of arm during supantation. The tendon over under deadlifting wrong tears. Hook grip for life.

Thank you for the quick response, and sorry, I probably should have included a link since the threads are from some time ago.

This thread was where you introduced the exercise

And here is clarification on form from a few years later

If you still consider it useful, any programming advice for this exercise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

In the forum posts I’m referring to (links in my other comment) rip is talking about the proximal bicep tendon

starting strength coach development program
    The chin-up protocol works better. You can get the volume in to produce the systemic inflammatory response easier with them.