starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pain in bicep area

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Here it is

MRI Shoulder LT
    There is a small trace of fluid around the long head of the biceps, but no significant injury is demonstrated. The rotator cuff tendons are intact with no evidence of a tearing. Minor signal change noted in the anterior supraspinatous on the PD images suggestive of a mild tendinopathy.
    Normal glenohumeral joint
    There is a small amount of oedema in the distal clavicle at the acromioclavicular with mild synovial thickening.

Opinion: The visualised biceps appears unremarkable. Minimal tendinopathy in the supraspinatous tendon. Minor bone marrow oedema in the distal clavicle.

I don't have a single joint in my body in as good a shape as your shoulder. Sounds like you get to learn how to train through an injury. Figure it out.

I’ve tried pressing through it but the press starts to slack to one side as the pain gets worse with increased load. This is the most frustrating injury I’ve ever had.

Lower your reps to 3s, keep the weights up. Take tylenol and ibuprofen 1 hour before you train, after you try the 4-ibuprofen-4-times-a-day-for-5-days-with-food protocol. Should help.

starting strength coach development program
    Your long head of the bicep tendon can be pulling on your superior labrum at the location it is attached to. MRIs do not see this very well. The bicep can get damage from bone spurs or a mass on the undersurface of the acromion. Honestly shoulder surgery sucks but it isnt that bad. The small holes they make today u will have your arm over your head in a month if no rotator repair is done. That was my case. I hope yours is just inflammation. Anyway just keep volume low, it helps keep inflammation lower.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12