starting strength gym

Thread: Pull-up or chin-up for pin firing protocol if pronated grip is the one causing pain?

Default Pull-up or chin-up for pin firing protocol if pronated grip is the one causing pain?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    CONTEXT:
    - Did Starting Strength for about 6 months, managed to get excellent progress. I have to do a front squat because of 2 screws that I have in my shoulder (limits my shoulder mobility)
    - I am struggling with a tennis elbow for a 2 months now. Initially it hurt everywhere, now is does not hurt on a daily basis at all, but it whenever I try to grip the bar (even an empty bar) in the PRONATED grip form and lift it from the floor (as I would for a Barbell Row or for a Deadlift). When I grip the bar in the supinated form, it does not hurt much.
    - I tried ultrasound therapy for 10 times (as recommended by traumatologist), but it did not help much. Still struggle when I want to do a Barbell Row or a Deadlift
    - I want to try Rip's Pin Firing protocol. I will do it with a lat pulldown machine (I am not even close to doing a proper chin-up)

QUESTION:

- If the pronated grip is the one causing pain, should I replace chin-up grip with pull-up grip in the Pin Firing protocol? (remember - I will be doing these movements on the lat pulldown machine)

Thank you for any relevant input.

Both the medial and lateral epicondyles are worked with a supine grip, so use that one.