starting strength gym

Thread: Small Hamstring Tear

Default Small Hamstring Tear

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Coach,

I'm doing a 4-day split program and, during Friday's deadlift session, I felt a small tweak on my left hamstring during the last rep. The area hurt a bit at the time, but I went on to do my scheduled light squatting and, while it hurt a bit, it didn't really restrict range of motion. It is now a little sore and it hurts a bit doing certain movements, although it has not restricted my movement at all and it has no bruising. I assume I have a tiny tear on one of the hamstring muscles based on the fact I had a pec tear last year (which I successfully rehabbed doing Starr's method) and the pain is the same, except for scale.

All that being said, my question is: should I do any specific rehabbing for this to avoid scarring, or just training through it will take care of things for such a minor injury? I'm scheduled to do volume squatting on Tuesday and the plan is to see how the warm-up feels and decide whether to do the planned workload or not.

Thank you in advance,

Daniel

If there is no ROM problem and no bruising, just train through it. This isn't the last time you will have to do this.