I have had pain (now discomfort) for more than a month that could be compatible with symptoms of sciatica, according to a basketball physical trainer to whom I told my case. He also suffered from it a long time ago.
As it is the first time that I have experienced something like this, I went to the traumatologist more than anything to obtain a diagnosis of what is happening to me. I am not a friend of doctors and sometimes I think they do more harm than good, that is why I emphasize that I went to have a diagnosis and not a treatment. For this they will make me an MRI in December. According to him, it could be due to a protrusion or herniated disc.
I already know that back pain is universal in the human condition, I haven't stopped lifting weights (contrary to what the doctor told me), and that a strong fucked-up back is better than a weak one. I have also reread SS articles on back pain.
The thing is, I'm confused about the following. According to Internet sources (many doctors) they say that in most cases the compression of the sciatic nerve roots is due to a disc that has left the site. Obviously there are also other causes such as pyramidal syndrome. Listening again to SS Radio #9 about back pain, Rip assures that sciatica is not actually back pain, but rather compression of a hypertrophied piriformis muscle. So is it wrong to think of a disk problem as its origin?
My symptoms were mainly centered on the left buttock with referred pain around the hip and pelvis on that side. For a few weeks I have also felt from time to time a slight tingling in the adductors and inner calf of the left limb, which shocks me because according to the sources it should be in the back of the thigh and leg. When I first felt all these symptoms, the least that came to my mind was to associate it with a back problem, but with the pelvis. Do you have to feel a crack or some kind of sound in the spine when a hernia occurs? If so, I didn't feel any of that.
I'm much better compared to the beginning, but it seems that the recovery is slow.