starting strength gym

Thread: Recurrent Squat Lumbar Injury

Default Recurrent Squat Lumbar Injury

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi all,

I seem to be injuring myself squatting, having today felt my lower right lumbar gently split apart like wet tissue, and was wondering if anyone might have some additional insight.

I'm attempting to build up strength after experiencing chronic lower back pain for several months.

Squatting (50kg) - YouTube this is me squatting 50kg two days ago, before I went up to three sets of five at 60kg without much trouble at all.

Squatting (52.5kg) - YouTube this is the final set of me squatting today. I'd intended to go up to 62.5kg, but when it hurt a bit at 52.5kg during the last two reps I figured I'd go lighter today and just leave that as my work set. Unracking the third set felt very painful, so I bailed. Feel like I've got good control and hip drive, but am I going too deep? I'm taking the deep breath, tightening my abs, the whole thing, but somewhat at a loss for what's going wrong.

I was able to work up to deadlifting a set of 75kg for five reps afterwards fairly comfortably, which gives me a level of hope, but any thoughts or insight would be very well received.

Endless thanks and gratitude, I'm really at a loss here. Hope the angles are all okay.

Leo