starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: excruciating pain - hip impingement?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Better get some x-rays done. I trained through hip and back pain for several years. Ended up having bilateral impingements that destroyed the hip labrums and correlating l5-s1 disc damage due to the dysfunction of reduced hip rom.

You can't train if your hip anatomy is off. Get it looked at.

Will do, I will be scheduling an appointment orthopaedist, and hopefully I have an X-ray or MRI done soon.

In my country, everytime doctos prescribe these kind of examinations they are done faster and are cheaper.

I will keep you updated, but from what I have been reading, it may be a hip labrum tear. I don't mean to be arrogant, as I am not a doctor. But, from the symptoms, its possible.

Well, a 25 year-old man won't be able to deadlift or run very soon. That's life

Dear Coach Ripp,

I have an update. I was diagnosed with an Iliocostalis tendon strain/inflamation.
    I've been feeling better, and I've been using something akin to Starr's protocol, because I am a stubborn bastard. Do you think this is appropriate for this kind of injury. I think your advise has always been to only refrain from using Starr's protocol on joint/ligament injuries.

Who diagnosed this? If this is an accurate diagnosis, it will be more responsive to a deep massage than to the incorrect application of the Starr thing.

It was an orthopedist at one of Lisbon's best hospitals (which does not meant it was correctly diagnosed). He mobilized my torso and hips, performing several tests, and said everything seemed to be ok which the joints, so he ordered an ecography. He said I was suffering from an illiocostal tendon Enthesopathy. He prescribed some anti-inflammatory drugs and told me only to perform movement with light weights on the region.

Due to my stubbornness, I am trying to get back to training. Maybe Starr's protocol is not adequate for this condition, has you say?

Sorry for the trouble, maybe this is a less common injury around here, and I was hoping to get some guidance, given that the doctor's input is limited, altough he does not recommend to refrain from movement.

starting strength coach development program
    Exotic diagnoses like this are very seldom correct. Get the massage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12