A week back while doing just body weight dips, I had a sharp pain in the lateral left chest sort of under the armpit. I was able to slowly complete that second set — maybe that was a bad idea — but I did that and then stopped for the day.

I was able to do most other exercises except dipping for the next few gym days, just that racking weights or lowering them using my left side was a bit painful, but today I realized it’s become worse than last week. Dips hurt the most and I can’t do them even with upward support. I was able to do deadlifts last week, but today it hurt even at 65% 5RM while locking out unless I don’t push out my chest. Bicep curls have become more painful this week, and I checked today that lat pulldowns hurt too. Bench with just the bar hurts slightly but what hurts more acutely is the eccentric reverse sit-up to lie down on the bench. Coughing hurts, as does a left side dumbbell row or bending left with weight.

Chin-ups/pull-ups and overhead press don’t hurt, and tricep pushdowns are mostly fine too.

I’m thinking this is a pec minor strain, yes? Coughing probably hurts because the pec minor is injured near its rib attachment. (Other suspects in that area are pec major, teres major/minor, serratus, and maybe infraspinatus.) The pain seems to be radiating or spreading to the scapular region this week, so my default strategy of just continuing to do whatever lifts don’t trigger the pain isn’t helping and maybe worsening it. Any particular tips to speed up healing?