starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoulder problem and what to tell my doctor

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thanks. It never kept me awake but it used to make it difficult falling asleep on my right side. Now with frequent pressing and hanging it's Ok day to day, I just find myself constantly being mindful of how I use my arm and it prevents me from doing any bench pressing and sports involving my arms as I'm worried it will aggravate it.

In other words it's nothing I can't live with right now but I'd like to eventually bench press and do sports again.

Rip - As much to check my own observation as anything else, am I right in seeing that he's pointing his elbows outward too much at the bottom? With a loaded bar, it doesn't look as pronounced, but it still seems to be there, vs. stacking the humerus forward on top of the lats. Or am I over-reading that?

As a side note, Rasmus, excellent choice of shirt in the unloaded video!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Rip - As much to check my own observation as anything else, am I right in seeing that he's pointing his elbows outward too much at the bottom?
    I don't see a problem with that. But as a general observation, I think you're a bit too anxious to have shoulder surgery. If you can live with it, do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't see a problem with that.
    Thank you, sir.

Alright, appreciate all the responses.

Regarding bench and any pressing movements, are they just out for now or any advise here?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Rip - As much to check my own observation as anything else, am I right in seeing that he's pointing his elbows outward too much at the bottom? With a loaded bar, it doesn't look as pronounced, but it still seems to be there, vs. stacking the humerus forward on top of the lats. Or am I over-reading that?

As a side note, Rasmus, excellent choice of shirt in the unloaded video!
    Much appreciated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12