starting strength gym

Thread: Lower abdominal pressure

Default Lower abdominal pressure

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Late in 2021 I had been running the NLP for several months. My squat was up to 360x5x3 and I started to have pressure on my lower left side of my abdomen on the way up out of the hole. The best I can describe it is it felt like a balloon blowing up inside my abdomen. Once I got back to lock out I no longer felt the pressure. There was no pain, just that feeling. I never had a bulge protruding through my abdomen, it all seemed internal.

A back tweak and a busy work schedule forced me into a long lay off. I recently start to lift again trying to work back up to my old numbers. As my numbers are getting into the high 200’s for 3 sets of 5 the feeling is coming back. It still does not hurt but that side does feel weak with the pressure. I have not had this checked out by a doctor, as it never felt it anytime besides when doing the squat and deadlift. When I took my lay off I never noticed it again. Could this be some type of internal hernia and something I should see a doctor for before continuing to push my numbers up? Thanks for any advice.

I've never heard of this. I have heard of large benign abdominal tumors. Ask a general surgeon about this.