starting strength gym

Thread: How bad is umbilical hernia surgery

Default How bad is umbilical hernia surgery

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    How had is umbilical hernia surgery, I have a small hernia in the belly button since birth and im wondering If I should get it fixed or wait till it starts burning. I have had shoulder surgery and that wasn't to bad. So would you say worse or easyer. Mind you if I ever get it done I will take a ton of stool sofers and eat fruit and oatmeal probably for 6 weeks out of fear of damaging the repaire.

I had an inguinal hernia repaired four years ago and it’s been a piece of shit ever since. My other side is a small hernia that doesn’t bother me much, actually less than the fixed side, but when it goes I’m getting my repaired one fixed too. My advice would be to follow rips advice on this. I think my lack of movement contributed to the tightness I still feel in the area. Not sure if umbilical healing is different than inguinal though.

They are completely different operations. I had a bilateral inguinal repair 18 years ago, and have not had a moment's trouble with it. What is your waist size?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    They are completely different operations. I had a bilateral inguinal repair 18 years ago, and have not had a moment's trouble with it. What is your waist size?
    38 inches at 70 inches tall weighing 252.

Just keep your belt tight and leave it alone.