starting strength gym

Thread: Shoulder mobility

Default Shoulder mobility

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    What can I do to get my range of motion back in my shoulders? I had a big crash skiing where both my shoulders took the brunt of a head plant and quite a bit of tumbling. I just can't get under the bar for squat without a lot of pain to the point I can barely think.My right shoulder is worse but it's always been problematical. I've continued doing deadlifts with workouts consisting of 3 sets of 5 in increasing weight going from 190,210, and 230. My shoulders don't mind this at all. I figure any kind of lifting is better than nothing. I've continued pressing after a big reset from 105 down to 75. I haven't been bench pressing because my shoulders have always been a problem from crashing into the scenery over the years. Last press workout was back to 95. Some pain but manageable. I'm 72, 5'8", and 220lbs. It's really bothering me mentally not being able to squat. I was doing squats at 3X5 at 210.

What is the orthopedic diagnosis?

None because the last time I visited one they wanted to operate on a ruptured disc that I ended up fixing with back squats and deadlifts. I've lost a lot of respect for the medical profession over the last 3+ years. Should I reconsider my opinion?

You need an MRI to decide about surgery. They have to order that test.