starting strength gym

Thread: Arthroscopic knee surgery

Default Arthroscopic knee surgery

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    56 year old male in UK. I have Arthroscopic knee surgery for Meniscus tear and possible additional cartilage treatment (MRI not conclusive) planned for 19 May.
    I’d be interested in others’ experience with this and a recovery plan to get me training properly again.

It will obviously depend on the extent of the repair. Check with us when you have the surgery report.

Will do, Mark. Busy time, I’m also seeing my GP this week re: TRT. I’m not confident that NHS will treat so will be exploring private clinics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparksy66 View Post
    Will do, Mark. Busy time, I’m also seeing my GP this week re: TRT. I’m not confident that NHS will treat so will be exploring private clinics.
    I don’t think you can reasonably expect sound physical therapy for the meniscal surgery either.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    I don’t think you can reasonably expect sound physical therapy for the meniscal surgery either.
    The operation and follow up physio are covered by private medical insurance. I’d have no chance of treatment on the NHS. Unfortunately, insurance doesn’t cover TRT so I’ll have to self-fund.

starting strength coach development program
    This is the consultant’s summary of the procedure. I’m just over 2 weeks post-op. Wearing a knee brace for 6 weeks to protect the repair……..Arthroscopy showed some degeneration in the lateral patella facet ICRS Grade II 10 x 3 mm. There was further articular cartilage degeneration in the central trochlea ICRS Grade Illa-b 38 x 40 mm.
    In the medial compartment there was a small radial tear in the posterior horn of the medial meniscus which was trimmed back. There was generalised ICRS Grade Illa wear in the medial femoral condyle and ICRS Grade Il wear generalised on the medial tibial plateau.
    In the lateral compartment there was some articular cartilage wear IRS Grade Ill on the femoral side 10 x 12 mm and the lateral tibial plateau was ok. Probing the lateral meniscus there was an unstable tear where the posterior horn met the capsule and this was rasped and fixed with two fast fix anchors. It could be seen that in the mid body this was scuffed in keeping with the symptoms of lateral meniscus instability.
    Microfracture was performed to the notch to enable scar tissue healing of the lateral meniscus. The skin was closed with 3 o nylon.