starting strength gym

Thread: How do i start again? LOWBACK TWEAK

Default How do i start again? LOWBACK TWEAK

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi to alll SSC and Sir Mark yesterday’s DL 405 x 3, it moved well, but i tweaked my back after the lockout on the 3rd rep not grindy , (did 5 x 5 sets of Squats before DL) what should i do? I am a little bit disappointed, i just came back from covid 3 mos ago, then now have my lowerback tweaked cant bend over, please help , need some advice dont want to rest ,

I fell on the ice after an ice storm about 2 months ago. I hurt my lower back but went to the gym and squatted up to 400 and could feel it a little. Then doing deadlifts I got 385 to my knees and my back popped and down went the weight. I am getting better by waking at a brisk pace for 2-3 miles a day, I do around 200 Cobra pushups a day, and I do Bulgarian split squats twice a week. I am getting close to 71 and have 5 bulging(herniated) discs, L1-L5. When doing my walking I swing my arms in an exaggerated motion.

The walking and Cobra pushups get blood flowing in my back. The Bulgarian split squats help keep my legs in shape. I only use 20 pounds now as 90 pounds put too much pressure on my discs. I try to do sets of 20-30 each leg for 3-5 sets. Good luck with your recovery.

You're an amazing man, Jerry.

Thanks Rip! Just trying to slow down aging!