starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extreme soreness at the top of the glutes

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    They gave you the only reasonable answer:
    1. Buy the larger belt, so it fits you now.
    2. If you lose enough weight, use a leather punch to make new holes.
    3. When you almost inevitably gain weight again at some point in the future, the belt still fits.

Very easy to do; I did it with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    They gave you the only reasonable answer:
    1. Buy the larger belt, so it fits you now.
    2. If you lose enough weight, use a leather punch to make new holes.
    3. When you almost inevitably gain weight again at some point in the future, the belt still fits.

Very easy to do; I did it with mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by mberkor View Post
    Although I gave them my waist size, told them how much I weigh and how much weight I want to lose they made me chose larger size belt even for my current bodyweight. When I told them the issue they advised me to create a new hole, but when I replied them that this is not my fault and I do not want to use belt that a part of it hangs like the tongue of iguana they never answered my mails and even blocked me on instagram.
    I think I see what happened - mberkor, you're saying that the belt they recommended is bigger than you expected, even for your current size, not just for what you eventually want to cut down to? I can see how that would be frustrating.

A couple of thoughts to make the best of things: First, looking at your video, you don't seem to have that big a belly. (I say that as someone who has moved back and forth with having a big one...). As you train, you may well see that your fat goes down while your trunk musculature grows, so that you have a leaner midsection that is the same size, maybe even bigger. In this case, the size of the belt may turn out to be a feature, not a bug.

Second, when the tail of the belt is long, you may find that you can pull it through less, so that you have it bulging out between the buckle and the loop. This might mitigate your lizardly hang somewhat. If the extra length still bothers you enough, maybe you could slip a band around the belt so as to form a second loop further around, and tuck it there?

Or you could go to a shoe shop and have it cut off.

I strongly agree with all of you, and ultimately these are the manipulations I have done so far to cope with my belt issue.

But you are missing a point here: I am a businessman too. I sell clothes, pijamas etc. When a customer says “this is too big/small for me” I never tell them “go to a tailor and make it for your size”. I take it back and change it with an appropriate size if the product is just like before I sell it, even I did not tell him/her what size to buy before I sell it first. I never block my customer on instagram/ whatsapp. Because this is quite rude.

I know this discussion will go nowhere and I never thought to mention it (because it is quite an old incident) when I joined the forum. I joined here to talk about my injury and when Rip sent me the article “the deadlift and belt” which made me decide to buy the belt, I could not resist to tell it.

If a customer brings you a pair of pants he bought 2 years ago and tells you that they are too small, what would you do?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mberkor View Post

My question is that is it only about being a little bit rounded ? If so, why were my glutes painful instead of my erectors ?
    You could try pushing your feet down straight into the floor and not leaning back into your hips when you deadlift. The movement of your hips in your posted video is back at an oblique angle instead of mostly vertical. Couple that with a slightly rounded back, and probably some pelvic shift on your squats, and you have a good recipe for some gluteus maximus tendinitis / tendinopathy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12