starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adductor strain ?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Got the diagnosis
    ďThere is a large tear and haematoma within the adductor longus muscle belly. The haematoma measures 114mm in maximal length and 24mm in maximal depth. There is thickening of the conjoined tendon.Ē
    Thatís it.
    What would be the best protocol to get squatting /deadlifting again? The injury happened 3 weeks ago, the diagnosis is from scan 1 week ago. All Iíve done so far is body weight squats narrow stance(no issue), deadlifted 175lb last Fri narrow stance (no issue). Needless to say a bit anxious about a reoccurrence at my age 57. Glad I had the safeties, would not have been pretty otherwise.

Well, if there is no other contraindication to doing so, a prescription for losartan would be helpful. Losartan is an ARB class medication that is used for treatment of hypertension but it also works very well to inhibit scar tissue formation. Every single orthopaedic surgeon I worked with for the last several years would always have their buddy write them a script for losartan anytime they had a muscle strain.

You would rehab this just like you rehab any other muscle strain. Start your warm-up knowing that the movements are likely to make it feel a little uncomfortable. Keep adding weight, so long as you can move in the manner you wish to move and pain goes back to baseline immediately after you finish the set. I am not a huge proponent of the Starr Method, because I don't like having someone who is not used to doing sets of 25 do sets of 25 and watch all the ways they start wiggling and shifting to try and get all the reps completed. Instead, I like doing multiple sets (6/7/8) of 2 or 3 reps. A really good pair of compression shorts or a knee wrap wrapped around the top part of the thigh and angled down towards the adductor longus insertion will help, too. The knee wrap needs to place compression on the area but not be tight enough to become a tourniquet.

Cheers, thank you Will
    By the time I get a script and Losartan, injury will be 4 wks old, I assume Iíll still get some benefit re scarring, either way Iíll have some on hand if thereís a next time.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Cheers, thank you Will
    By the time I get a script and Losartan, injury will be 4 wks old, I assume Iíll still get some benefit re scarring, either way Iíll have some on hand if thereís a next time.
    When I had shoulder surgery several years ago, the surgical assistant ended up fighting with my right pec to the point that the surgeon was worried the assistant may have induced some damage to the muscle. He gave me a post-operative script for losartan. I took it for three weeks, but kept the rest of the script for the day where I have an obvious muscle belly injury.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12