starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adductor strain ?

Default Adductor strain ?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I felt a pain on my inner upper left thigh on my 2nd deadlift rep, almost felt like a ratcheting sensation at which point I stopped, the plates had not left the floor. If I place my left foot on a bench and try to move my thigh across to the right it is quite painful in that same spot. Should I just work through it with lower weights and work back up?

That's the general idea. Take a narrower stance, point your toes forward, use a lighter weight, and work gradually back to normal form and load over a couple of weeks.

Thank you Rip, appreciate it ! Iíll assume itís the same protocol for the squat even though it happened on the deadlift.

Shit, bloody happened again ! this time on the squat, prob a bit more severe as I carried it for longer down to the pins. Same leg. I guess too much too soon. I was only at 60% of pre injury weight.

Did you narrow your stance?

Yes I was using a narrower stance (I did widen a wee bit from previous session). First rep was fine, it went at the top of 2nd rep. Do I just need to progress to normal stance a lot slower ?

Oh and I just noticed a big very black bruise in the groin area ! well Iím not having anymore children..

I think you need to have this tear diagnosed. It would help to know what structure is affected.

Yes I will, the bruise now is huge, all inner thigh and around to top of pubic area. I thought of sending you a photo but didnít want to gross you out ! I tried yest to get in to our local medical Centre, can you believe it, next available appt. 5 weeks !! I was told I can check daily for cancellations otherwise look elsewhere ! Backwater Australia !!

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Yes I will, the bruise now is huge, all inner thigh and around to top of pubic area. I thought of sending you a photo but didn’t want to gross you out ! I tried yest to get in to our local medical Centre, can you believe it, next available appt. 5 weeks !! I was told I can check daily for cancellations otherwise look elsewhere ! Backwater Australia !!
    You don't have an emergency department or urgent care down there?

starting strength coach development program
    Good timing Jason, just saw your comment.
    I presented to the Emergency dept. earlier today and got in straight away, that is just too funny!
    They all ooed and ahhed at the bruise, Doc said if it had torn completely off youíd be in severe pain and wouldnít be able to walk. She said it was the adductor albeit after I prompted, is it the adductor? Said just see how it goes as long as the pain diminishes and you donít feel any hard lumps. She gave me an ultrasound form if I felt the need !
    How would you rate this diagnosis ??? Also, It was pretty clear she had no idea what a barbell squat was when I was explaining the event.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast