starting strength gym

Thread: Shoulder pain

Exclamation Shoulder pain

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Since the last 2 Workouts i always feel pain from my left shoulder going to my elbow after squatting. I kept working out, Benchpress and Press where possible with 80-90%, chin ups can be done almost pain free, dips are possible under pain and I couldn't feel real pain during the Deadlifts.

Today i had to stop during the second set of squating because of the pain.

How should I react? My guess is that it’s some kind of tendinitis but i don’t know for sure. Should i train through with reduced weights?

Pls somebody tell me this isn’t lasting forever 😔

im not good with computers and can't upload a Video, so here is a screenshot from a video squating from 2 weeks ago: 242 squat at 176 BW 33 years

I increased weights to 260 since then

IMG_2522.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dips?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Dips?
    I know, shoulder pain and dips are not a good idea. but I am sure that the pain isn't issued by the dips.
    pain starts and increase during squats.
    there is no limitation on my range of motion during dips and there also is no pain when I dip on restdays.

I have no idea, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymity View Post
    Since the last 2 Workouts i always feel pain from my left shoulder going to my elbow after squatting. I kept working out, Benchpress and Press where possible with 80-90%, chin ups can be done almost pain free, dips are possible under pain and I couldn't feel real pain during the Deadlifts.

Today i had to stop during the second set of squating because of the pain.

How should I react? My guess is that it’s some kind of tendinitis but i don’t know for sure. Should i train through with reduced weights?

Pls somebody tell me this isn’t lasting forever ��

im not good with computers and can't upload a Video, so here is a screenshot from a video squating from 2 weeks ago: 242 squat at 176 BW 33 years

I increased weights to 260 since then

IMG_2522.jpg
    Do you usually have contractures in your back, at the level of the scapula? Answer me this.