starting strength gym

Thread: Next seminar in the Ottawa or Montreal area

Default Next seminar in the Ottawa or Montreal area

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rip, finally got SS and I have to say, this book seriously rocks!!!!

Now I want to know when I can get to learn live from the Grandmaster himself!?!? Any chance you might be in the Ottawa or Montreal area at some point in 2009?

I'd like to know in advance if that may be the case. I've already booked for Burgener's OL seminar in October 2009, so I would love nothing more than to hear from two of the greatest minds of the Irongame in the same year...

Cheers for now!
    Eric

One of them, anyway. Where in the hell is Montreal? Will they understand a Texan there?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    One of them, anyway. Where in the hell is Montreal? Will they understand a Texan there?
    I hear it snows in Montreal so it's probably somewhere north of Dallas.

Oh, anyone who shows up to your cert would muddle through your accent just fine, Rip. But it would be pushing it to say that pretty much anyone from Montreal would really understand a Texan. Except, maybe, Georges St. Pierre.

More to the point, if a Montrealer introduces you to "poutine," you prolly wouldn't understand them.

They'll need a translator, I've been told I speak fluid Canadian. Sometimes I understand Texan. Sign me up.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Oh, anyone who shows up to your cert would muddle through your accent just fine, Rip. But it would be pushing it to say that pretty much anyone from Montreal would really understand a Texan. Except, maybe, Georges St. Pierre.

More to the point, if a Montrealer introduces you to "poutine," you prolly wouldn't understand them.
    Is GSP a household name in Canada? If so, it's very well deserved. I'm a huge fan! MMA isn't very popular in the states; the only names that have some recognition among the commoners here would be Chuck Liddell and maybe Tito Ortiz. And both those guys are pretty much over the hill, so meh.

Did you see St.Pierre annihilate BJ Penn? I'm looking forward to a GSP vs. A.Silva match which I think is in the works if GSP beats Alves and Silva beats Leites.