starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Weightlifting background...

Default Rip and O-lifting

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    There seems to be some confusion on Rip's history as an o-lifting coach. We all know he is the master of the strength lifts, but it is unclear what his o-lifting history is as far as coaching is??? Rip, can you post your stats on this?

Beyond what I've already posted, I'll get one of my lifters to add his $.02.

Josh Wells is offline Starting Strength Coach
    big-O

starting strength coach development program
    I've been coached by and coached with Rip going on 11 years. I have been a competitive Oly Lifter for 9 of the 11 years. I have been on 2 International Teams (Junior Pan-Am’s and Junior Worlds). I also competed in the US vs. Canada Competition. I lifted in the 2004 Olympic Team Trials. I competed in the 85kg and 94 kg weight classes. My best Snatch is 140kg and best Clean and Jerk is 165 kg. The past 2 years have been spent coaching other athletes and coaching with Rip.

As for Rip's knowledge on the Oly Lifts, he is very precise on the movements and has a great eye for bar path and efficiency. Since day one of the Wichita Falls Weightlifting Team back in 1999 until the team left WFAC in 2006,he hosted the team in his gym at absolutely no cost to any of the athletes. Rip worked with Glenn every day, and has been a key component in every athletes' progress on that team. Trey Goodwin, Justin Brimhall, Ben Preda, Brett Crossland, Justin Schlager, Donny Schankel, and I have all learned different and better ways to improve our Oly Lifts. And if it were not for Rip constantly insisting that we get stronger on Squat, Deadlift, and Press, then it would not have been possible for any of the names above to qualify and compete in any of the following International Competitions: Junior Worlds, Junior Pan-Am's, US vs. Canada, and Collegiate Worlds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12