starting strength gym

Thread: "Headache-like Soreness" in Elbows

Default "Headache-like Soreness" in Elbows

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Coach,

Thanks for answering questions here, I have learnt alot just reading. I have been doing SS for a couple of months now and all is going well. However for one or two recent squat sessions I was, for some stupid reason, trying to get the bar lower and dropping my elbows.

In SS you say that this can cause a "headache-like" soreness on the inside of the elbow. Funnily enough you are completely correct! It is quite painful. From what i understand, could be wrong, this is probably Medial Epicondylitis, tendonitis at the biceps insertion?

I have rested a few days and iced and stretched and ibupro'd up the wazoo. Is there anything else that can be done, other than to squat correctly and continue that treatment? Is it worth getting the injection I have read about, i think it is cortisone, or is that a bit drastic? It really effects any pressing movements and I hate the idea of resting or not lifting, as I am really progressing on the lifts (when i started reading your book I could only squat 30KG properly)

Sorry if this is a dumb question or has been answered before, didn't find anything specifically about this when searching.

In KG
    Weight: 100
    Squat: 110
    Deadlift: 135
    Bench Press: 87.5
    Press: 66
    Power Clean: 65

It is not medial epicondylitis, which is not tendinitis at the biceps insertion. Your elbow pain probably involves the capsular ligaments. You have to let it heal while you train by making damn sure that you carry the bar correctly. And any doctor that would inject an acute case of this inflammation is an irresponsible quack.