starting strength gym

Thread: squat/jogging + deload/advanced novice

Default squat/jogging + deload/advanced novice

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I jog to my gym at a steady pace for 15 minutes 3x a week. and do 3x cardio sessions where i jog at a more intense speed for 30 minutes. Is this too much with the squats?

I was thinking of cutting out 1 of the cardio sessions.

ive reset several times before, but recently all my lifts except bench have declined dramatically, do i do the 2 day deload or can i go directly to the The Practical Programming Advanced Novice Program becasue im supposed to start with a 10% reduction in lifts for that anyway.

If you're not getting recovered, the running is the first thing to drop, since it contributes absolutely nothing to your strength.

Doesn't coach usually say that we should eek out absolutley EVERYTHING we can on this program as we'll Never, EVER see linear gains like this again? I know he also seems to say that we should do the program, as written, and NOTHING else...

Quote Originally Posted by kfreeman View Post
    Doesn't coach usually say that we should eek out absolutley EVERYTHING we can on this program as we'll Never, EVER see linear gains like this again? I know he also seems to say that we should do the program, as written, and NOTHING else...
    Not again, but for the first time. And, yeah, that's kind of the point of having a coach give you advice.

Running (especially distances) is contraindicative (if that's the right word) to lifting heavier weights. Curiously, the converse is not true. Weightlifting can aid running. If lifting heavier weights is not your primary goal, then running may have a purpose.