starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey, I was hoping that you could check out my squat form. I'm 15 years old by the way.

I know I look up when I squat, I need to try and stop that, any other critiques?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrrCO_tRkro

Hip drive is good, depth is good. But if you know I'm going to yell at you about looking up, why would you post a video of yourself doing it? Did you not know it was being recorded, and did you not know you were doing it at the time? Do you, in fact, have voluntary control over your head? You seem to have your hips under control, so what the hell is the deal? Is it the 15-thing?

Mmm, maybe he didn't know it until he saw it on the video?

But yelling at 15 YO boys is good for them regardless. Even ones who are respectable squatters.

It's funny, I start to do the same thing, but only when the lift is heavy and it is a major strain to get it up (all work sets, heh). I will be driving up, and then start to slow waaaaaay down about 1/4-1/2 way up, then I realize that my head has come up (this only doesn't happen, only when I do not consciously keep my head in position under the strain). As soon as I drag my chin back into position, I make the lift, every single time (my squat failures always occur within 1/8th ROM out of the hole).

Yeah, I didn't realise I was looking up like that until I watched the videos.