starting strength gym

Thread: Restarting the novice cycle for the second time

Default Restarting the novice cycle for the second time

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi coach (or anyone else that could be of assistance)!

I previously did a cycle early last year, resulting in squat going up to 140kg x 5, and bodyweight gains of around 12kg (87 to 99) in 3 months or so. Stopped the cycle in order to lose a little fat, but due to being a little overzealous with dieting, managed to lose around 2/3 of the LBM that I had gained

I understand (having read both SSBBT as well as PPST) that I will need to begin with the linear progression stuff, and am thoroughly prepared to do so.

My question is, do I:
    * figure out starting weights for all moves as it is described for novices to do in SSBBT? This I understand involves simply ramping weights up within a workout to arrive at the heaviest weights that challenge one's form, and then begin your cycle from there.

OR

* take a few weeks (any recommendations?) to build up to previous 5RMs? Although this may or may not mean anything anymoe due to me having lost LBM.

Right now I will be doing linear progression [with the aim of getting through to the intermediate stage] as well as a paleo style diet, as there is a bit too much blubber around the waist.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

You're a bodybuilder, Mike. You let it interfere with your progress last year, and it will do the same thing this time if you don't change your ab-love.

Hey coach,

Thanks - I kinda finally get the part about not worrying about the keg any more.

Cheers.