• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I setup my new w/o (it incorporates DE and the conjugate method):

su: max on main lifts

th: DE day

su: special exercise workout

th: DE day

(repeat)

If you see some faults in the program, please let me know. But my main concern is the programming on the special exercise w/o. I don't know if it will cause any problems putting a press exercise in the same w/o as a bench press exercise, or if the press has to go first, etc. Basically, can you give me general guidelines on what orders and combinations will cause problems?

Westside stuff is not my expertise. KSC?

Maxing on ALL Main lifts in one day will def. have an effect on each successive lift as you take away energy reserves

Are you training 2 x week or is this 4 x week, I'm unsure of this?

If you bench and Mil in same workout, regardless of the order, one will take away from the other

You can alternate every 3 weeks which goes first or simply set up according to YOUR priority and YOUR weakness.

Hope this helps.

--Z--

Generally, including what exercises you are using in the program would help some of us give a better answer to your question. I'll assume you are talking about squat/bench/dead when you say "main" lifts.

Going ME on squat/bench/dead is probably best left for meet day. Not that you can't train each lift together on the same day because you can, but ME means an all out single and is ill advised as something to include frequently in your program.

If you want to do Westside then just do Westside as is layed out in about a billion different places on the web. If you want to INCORPORATE some DE stuff into a fullbody type routine (which is what I think you want to do) then try something like this:

Squat 5x5
    Bench 5x5
    DE Deadlift 15x1

Light Squat 2x5
    Press 5x5
    Powerclean 5x2

DE Box Squat 10x2
    DE Bench 10x3 alt with ME Bench Variant (close grip, floor press, etc) 3x1
    ME Deadlift Variant 3x1 (Rack Pull, Snatch Grip, Deficit, etc)

Fit in assistance work where you can, but this is plenty of work for most people.