starting strength gym

Thread: Knees and joints cracking a LOT

Default Knees and joints cracking a LOT

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Rip, I used the search function to try to read up a little bit about this topic and I notice that it has been covered, however, I feel that my situation is somewhat unique. This is because at 16, I've never really noticed this problem before when lifting (particularly when squatting) until the last few months. I don't think that this could be a form issue, not to say that my form is absolutely perfect, but because I don't know why form would make my knees crack. Although the noise is somewhat troubling/annoying, obviously I can work around it. But, my main question (besides what the reason that my knees are cracking, often times the right one more than the left) is whether or not this could lead to knee joint issues (both my parents, and several of my siblings have bad knees, exp: my mom no longer has ANY cartilage in either of her knees). Of course, I want to keep squatting and have no intention to stop, but I was wondering why this cracking is occurring, but also if it could lead to anything...

Thanks again Rip.

I have written about this extensively, or maybe just repeatedly. If you're sufficiently worried about this after you have ensured that your knees are being pushed out enough, get them checked.

yeah, i noted that you wrote about pushing your knees out and have in turn been focusing on doing so, but i don't think that is the problem. next time i see a doctor, i'll be sure to ask about them. thanks for the advice.